Neesons has had a busy year so far, from an acquisition by Veritext Legal Solutions, to hosting a Fireside Chat, to sponsoring a myriad of social gatherings in the litigation community.
Never a dull moment
The first excitement of 2019 was the acquisition of Neesons at the end of February, 2019 by the world's largest court reporting and legal solutions company, Veritext, through its newly formed Canadian arm, VT Canada Litigation Solutions. By joining forces Neesons - always a first-mover along the court reporting service continuum - can implement even better service for its clients:
- Across Canada coverage (we're already in Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon and Edmonton)
- Better technology - MyVeritext's portal includes easy-to-use electronic document display technology (something Neesons has pushed for several years now)
- Access to learning through the Veritext portal for both clients and reporters
- Client access to more certified court reporters and transcribers
Neesons is proud to be a part of Canada's only national court reporting, CART and transcription company.
Effective Communication for the Hearing Loss Client - 1.0 EDI Professional Credits (approved by the LSO)
Kim Neeson developed both a 1.0/1.5 hour-long seminar on how to provide communication access to those with a hearing loss. Hearing loss comes in many different shapes and sizes: Deaf, late deafened and hard of hearing. Lawyers, paralegals and legal office staff can benefit from this program, ensuring that your dealings with hearing loss consumers is not only compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with a Disability Act (AODA), but protects you from any potential claim of misunderstanding by a client of advice because of lack of hearing.
To book your session with Kim, please click here.
Active in the legal community
In the first six months of this year:
- Kim Neeson attended the National Court Reporters' Association's Business Summit in San Diego, California
- Kim Neeson attended and spoke, with Rosalie Kramm of Kramm Reporting, a Veritext Company, at the STAR Nashville conference (the topic being "What I Wish I Knew When I Started a Court Reporting Business")
- Our office celebrated Administrative Professionals' Day with special deliveries to a number of clients' offices
- Sponsored the Ontario Bar Association's RODA conference
- Hosted the Advocates' Society's Fireside Chat with guest speakers Heather Hansen and Danielle Robataille
- Hosted a learning seminar with Neesons reporters, with an emphasis on software learning
- Sponsored the Advocates' Society End of Term Dinner After Party and photo booth
We're looking forward to the second half of the year and we hope you'll be able to join us at various events over the course of the fall.